Thursday, October 20, 2011

See in the light..

Mike and I have been in a funky place the last few years, 5, to exact.. 5 years ago We took a chance and started his own handyman service, well.... The first year, was awesome!!! We were making money, things were good, seemed like we had made the right decision, him quitting his county job and goin with this.... I was self employed and so was he, life was good...... Then..... The economy tanked, gas shot up to $3 a gallon, women stopped getting their hair done as often, some where even doin it themselves, people quit renovating, or decided to do it themselves, I found myself outta a 70hr a week job to now about a 30 hr a week job, mike found himself with NO job....... Man it was tough.... For about two years, he would take jobs when he could get them, and the rest of the time we just struggled, NO ONE WAS HIRING!!! At this time we have had to make some serious lifestyle changes!!!!! Then we got a break, we got a steady job at a local car dealership, it was awesome, for a minute!!! They wouldn't give him the money he deserved for the work he was doin and we were again barely making ends meet, and we're still 2 months on all our bills!!! Ugh!!! So, he went to his boss and told him that he needed more money, his boss said, too bad, so, he quit!!! He was certain he would find another job quickly....... Well he didn't!!!! That was in April, well it is October and my husband is FINELY back to work in a decent job!!!! Praise God!!! What is amazing to me, as well as a testimony to the Goodness of God, is that we never got any further behind than we were....... He has been working side jobs and stuff since April, bringing money in sparaticaly, but not steady, my money is not steady, we have been living on love and roses!! I think I see the light at the end of our personal tunnel!! I am so thankful to God for keeping his promise to keep us from harm!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment