Thursday, October 13, 2011

What I believe!

I am a Christian woman..  Now, I didn't say GOOD Christian woman, cause I really don't think I am!!  A Christian never-the-less..  This Apostle's Creed is my belief in a nutshell!

I BELIEVE in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.

Amen.







Now, that being said...  I don't judge others for their beliefs or lack of them..  I feel it is not my place..  I prescribe to a live and let let policy...  I find that in the times we are living in, some people are absolutely closed up when it comes to the things of God..  I find that sad, because ALL GOOD THINGS COME FROM GOD, even if you are not a Christian!!  I know that when I am with someone that doesn't know, or understand, it is better for that person, for me to just simply add into our conversation what I know about that they don't...  I have read the bible(most of it) I know what it says and who said it..  I believe that the Bible is a collection of GOD BREATHED words that are for us, even in 2011, to guide us through life....  I attend a local Church, full of misfits, just like me..  We are not perfect people, and sometimes we fight like a family will, but that is all part of life!  I hate to admit it, but apart from my church, I have a very hard time stayin connected to My God....  Now, do I believe that YOU have to go to church to be a Christian, no I do not!!   But, I believe that for me, it is the only way God stays a major focus in my life, cause I am not good!!!  So, I go EVERY week!!!!!!  Every week, I learn something that I did not know, before I got there!!  I love it, it recharges me and sets my week on a good path!!! I am a sinner and I sin everyday(sorry Lord) that is why apart from God, I am awful and REALLY sinful!!!!  Here are a few of my fav scriptures:


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)  For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.


James 1:2-4(NIV)  Consider it pure joy my friends, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


1 Timothy 6:10(NIV)  For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.  Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.


John 3:27(NIV) To this John replied, : A person can only receive what is given them from heaven"


Luke 6:38(NIV)  GIVE, and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For the measure you use, it will be measured back to you!!


Ok that is enough for now...  I have about a million outta the bible that I LOVE and try to APPLY to my daily life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment