Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I like about Sundays!!

When I say that, I think about that country song "what I like about Sundays"..  I go to a different kinda church but, same principle...  I worked in the nursery today with my friend Missy..  It is a hoot when we get in there together...  She is a great friend of mine and we rock babies and solve all the problems in the world, hahahahahaha!  I do her hail and her nails, so we hang out every other week, I invited her to church about 10 years ago..  I love her and her family dearly!!!!  We only had two babies today, so it was perfect, one for her and one for me!!  Ok, back to what I like about Sundays..  I go to church every week, without fail, prob miss in a year 2-3 and that is with good reason...  My husband, Mike, plays in our amazing Church band.  I love the music...  You are greeted at the front door with a smile, Miss Sharon is always at the coffee table ready to greet you...  Mary and Buddy are hanging around in the atrium, chattin with folks..  We walk in, everyone is so nice and happy to see you..  Make my way through the crowd, the band is still rehearsing, so I catch the last of that(a little extra worship)..  Usually get enough message guides for anyone who might show up..  Say hey to the guys in the sound both, we sit in the same seats every week(like good church folks do).  Paul and Roxanne sit in front of us, Alyssa and Curt, and Polly and Pat sit behind us.  Missy and her girls sit the my right..  I sit on the second row on the left in the second chair, cause the first is for Mike when he comes off the stage...  Ashley and her Boyfriend Zach, my Mom, My sister and her husband Paul, my niece Nicole and her husband Jonathan  with their little man Aidan are all there too!!  It is a family get together every Sunday...  I LOVE IT!!!!  Our Pastor, Ron, is awesome..  He always manages to talk directly to me when he preaches..  Not with vision, but with content!!  It is incredible, and more times than not, me and all my friends will stand around after and its like we all got it, but in different parts...  It is amazing to me how God will use a man to tell me what I need to hear, and the person next to me something completely different when we are in the same room with the same pastor!!!!!!  Mike and I go to the same little diner after and have lunch..  The old waitress Faye is always there to talk about fishing, or just to give you a hard time, cause she is working on Sundays!!  She is a sweet ole smarty pants..  I love her..  They have the same menu "Lunch special" every day, you get the choose one, from the side of the dry erase board with the big writing, and three from the side with the small writing...  Hamburger steak, turnip greens, fried okra, and deviled eggs!  Cooked the way old southern ladies cook...  We come home, Mike ALWAYS takes a nap...  I stalk folks on FB and do things like write in my blog, or balance my check book!!  Sunday is absolutely my fave day of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment